Friday, April 30, 2010

What a week!

This week (and month) has definitely not been the greatest. This week was the hardest one I've had in a long time. Steven's funeral yesterday went well I think. It was so nice to see how many people loved Steven and came to support him and his family...and that was only the people that could make it.

Steven and I graduated together and were close senior year. I remember riding the bus with him to Tech almost everyday and we had so much fun. We always sat in rows next to each other, along with my friend Shannon, and a couple others, and we were always at the front talking with the driver. It was a fun year and I wouldn't trade that year for anything. Our class flower was the Gerbera Daisy and so before the funeral I went and purchased 20 Gerbera Daisies. I passed them out to our classmates, from our graduating class, and they gave them to Wendi after the funeral. I wanted it to be something special we did for Steven and his family, especially Wendi. Sadly, I wasn't able to go to Steven's burial because even though I worked on my exam until 5 in the morning, in hopes to get it done, it didn't get finished. So I gave my Mom one of the extra Gerbera Daisies and asked her to place it on Steven's casket at the burial...(and here's when I start crying)...she came home and told me that the flower I had given her, along with the others our classmates had given Wendi, were placed on Steven's casket, buried and sealed with him in the vault forever. It is something I will never, ever, forget.

So on to something not so sad...that exam I worked on until 5 in the morning...I just found out that I got 136 out of 140 on it...woohoo! A+!

Now I'm just hoping that May will be a better month for the Hanes family. So on the list of what we're hoping will be good news...will Dad get his disability? and will we get the house we want and need? Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment