Monday, April 5, 2010

Special Poem

Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep
By Mary Elizabeth Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
(Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!)

Its one of my absolute favorite poems. I want to dedicate it to my cousin, Nathan Ellis Visger, Jan 14, 1975 - Mar 31, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. It is a great poem. I didn't know Nathan very well at all because he was so much older than me, but my mom said he was the sweetest boy. I'm just so sorry it had to end like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...it is sad what happened and I hope my family finds comfort soon. I think my Mom thought she saw your Mom at the funeral. If she was there, it was nice of her to come. I know that the Weihl grandparents were there and so were the Stovalls. It's nice that they all came.

    ReplyDelete