Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Today...hmm...today, I found out my 35-year-old cousin, Nathan Visger, died. Its sad enough that he died, and died so young, but the circumstances for why...you can probably find the article on mlive.com...he was in a high-speed police chase when he lost control of his vehicle and hit a mobile home. He was thrown from the vehicle and pinned under it. He died on the operating table.

It brings back some really bad memories of my Uncle Ed's death. My Uncle Ed died in a motorcycle accident, going 70 coming onto the highway, he hit the back of a utility vehicle and died in the ambulance. He was 42...it was 10 days after my birthday and my Mom, sisters, and I were in Whitehall/Montague looking for houses so we could move up here from Lansing. We hadn't seen him in 2 years. We haven't seen my cousin Nathan in several years either. Its also sad that it takes something so tragic to get my Dad and his sisters all together. We live within a 30 minute drive from both his sisters and my cousins, but we haven't seen them in forever. We last saw my Aunt Sue probably 6 years ago, my Aunt Diane (with the exception of a "hi, how are you" at meijer), my cousin Beth we last saw at my Uncle Ed's funeral almost 8 years ago, and I can just keep going and going.

What upsets me even more is that I don't really have someone to call and talk to about how I'm feeling. I'm sad, lonely, and having a really bad week, and the only place I feel I can share my feelings is here. Its just sad...so kids, the word of the day is "sad".

No comments:

Post a Comment