Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So here's what's been going on in the lives of the crazy Hanes family...

Friday, May 19th, my Mom turned 50! but we didnt celebrate until Saturday. Reasons being, we had the Cancer Benefit Dinner for my friend Steven VanKammen. I am very happy to say that it went great. We had a good crowd that came and made some good money for Steven, but I'm glad its over. My Mom was working so hard on it and I must say that I am very thankful to have a wonderful mother like her.

Saturday we celebrated Mom's birthday by trying to surprise her with having my Uncle Steve, Aunt Gaylynn, cousin Alaina, and my younger cousins come up for dinner. It was a great dinner too...Dad made brisket (corned beef) and "heavenly potatoes. Aunt Gaylynn made a wonderful red cake and Alaina made a great cauliflower salad. It was really nice having them come up and visit. Its been a long time and I missed them a lot. Mom was happy to see them and cried when they left. All in all I think it was a good birthday dinner for her.

And last but not least, we're getting a basset hound puppy on Saturday. He'll be named Elvis and will be my Dad's dog. Hopefully he will help my Dad get some exercise. I know, you're probably reading this, thinking my family is crazy (as always) and yes we are. The thing is, when/if I move down to Lansing in a couple years, I'll be taking Salem and Trixie (and possibly China), so my parents want their own basset babies. Well we can't wait.

I think that's about all for now. I'm sure I'll be posting pictures of Elvis soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment