Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sneakin around...

If you've ever seen one of my favorite movies, titled "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas", then you've heard the song that goes: "I like fancy frilly things, high heeled shoes and diamond rings, ragtime bands and western swing, and sneakin' around with you...well I like beer and rodeos, detective books and dominoes, football games and cheerios, and sneakin' around with you...sneakin' around with you, going a round or two, doing what lovers do, whenever they're sneakin' around...". And although I don't have that lifestyle (everything italicized), it popped into my head after what my mom told me earlier about my guy friend. He was talking to my mom about how I should go over to his house to do movie night, but was worried about what people at his apartment complex would think (he lives at the apartment complex my mom manage's). She was telling him that it doesn't matter what anybody thinks because we're adults and we can do whatever we want. And its funny that of all the things I could be thinking, that song is still stuck in my head.

Well anyways...everything is going good here. School is going well, I love hanging out with Chris, my family is good (even though my Dad and sisters are kinda getting on my nerves), the puppies - Nanook, Bear, and Lucky (or Mr. Piddles as we like to call him) - are doing good...little monsters...we came up with a new breed of dog - its called a "Tazmanian Chihuahua"...

My parents, Chris, and I are planning a road trip in May. We'll go visit my grandparents and my mom's sisters in the Nauvoo area, then we'll do a quick tour of St. Louis, next is couple days in Texas visiting some friends, and last onto Memphis & Nashville to see Graceland (a dream come true for me) and the capital of Country Music. Nine days of beautiful scenery, fun filled days of tourism, and visiting friends and family. Oh I can't wait.

Other than that its just nice to be happy...happy to be me, happy to be hanging out with a great guy that I have a lot in common with, happy to be doing something worth while...just happy. I haven't felt this way in a long time.

2 comments:

  1. Yay Randa! I love to hear how stinkin' happy you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot!

    Your trip sounds fun too. I KNOW you will like Graceland. Not that I've been there, but I know how much you like the King :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do LOVE the King and going to Graceland is one of my biggest dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete