Thursday, February 5, 2009

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

I feel like I'm going one step forward and two steps back. I'm definitely happy, but it seems like if something good happens to me, something bad or irritating has to happen too. For example...I'm getting a decent tax return back and I was telling my Mom what I was going to do with it, and as if I don't do enough for them already, she does her little hint dropping thing and says, "well if your Dad & I had the money, we would buy drywall to finish our room, and then you could move into our old room." Its like, "come on Mom, your little 'hints' are more irritating then coming right out and saying 'can we have money', plus I already have a bunch of stuff on my credit for you and you include my unemployment in your income to pay bills, why can't I enjoy this money for me." It seems like I can't have any fun with my money...all I do is pay bills. Then yesterday Mom, Chris, & I were talking about our road trip, how much it would cost each of us, and can Chris afford it, and Mom has the nerve to say, "well it depends on how much Randa spends on the trip." AHHHHH!!!!! I would spend more on the trip if you weren't asking me for money for everything else!!! This is why I HATE being an adult. Plus to add to all of it my Dad is ok treating me like an adult when they want something from me, but when they don't he treats me like I'm 10 and don't know anything. He was being a real jerk to me last night. If I were mean I would call and have his phone, the TV, and internet OFF and I would take the big screen TV into my room...its all in my name anyways. And my Mom and I were talking about my taxes and I asked if I was eligible for the property tax credit because I pay rent, she said yes and my Dad said, "well then pay rent." Then he said he was just kidding. I don't think he was just kidding and he doesn't realize that it really hurts that he says stuff like that. If you've ever watched "That 70's Show" you know the Dad on there is Red Forman...that is my Dad. I also wish he would get a job already, I'm SO tired of him being home all the time. He's being a grumpy old jerk but I can't tell him that because he'll go to his room and pout or he'll tell me "if you don't like it then move out."

I just need to say "NO!" to my parents more often. But I think no matter what, I'm going to be taking one step forward and two steps back.

No comments:

Post a Comment