Wednesday, December 3, 2008

When life gives you lemons...

So everything was going good. I'm getting my unemployment, getting everything taken care of for me to go to college, but of course my life can't be complete without a big basket of bad lemons...

My Dad lost his job on the first day of the month. Its sad because its right before Christmas...and I'm not sad for me because I don't really care about getting anything for Christmas, but for my sisters its really sad. Now my sister Amanda isn't going to the Christmas Dance at the high school this saturday and she's upset about that, even though we keep telling her she can go. And more than likely my sister Kristina won't be fazed by the issue until Christmas day. I don't know what we're going to do because we have 2 litters of puppies coming in the next few weeks, I have all my bills to pay this month and don't know how I'm going to do that, and my parents have their bills to pay and we don't know how they're going to afford that. I don't know how we're going to do it all. Plus I miss all my friends...I have two best friends that live in Mexico, one friend that lives in Hart, and one that lives in Grand Rapids. But it is a good thing that I have my best friend Shannon only a couple miles away...I don't know what I would do without her.

Again life has given us lemons and I don't know how we're going to afford to make lemonade. We'll see how we can handle everything but for now I have to find a way to save Christmas for my sisters and afford my bills. If only life were meant to be simple...

1 comment:

  1. Make that lemonade with water and borrow the sugar. lol. I don't have any sugar either and feel like I'm in the same boat, but it always seems to work out with a bit of prayer. Hey, by the way, after the Christmas party for the ward this Saturday (the 13th at 10am), there is a Santa Swap in the primary room. People will be bringing items to donate and then other ward members can just take things they want or need. Maybe your Mom could find some nice stuff for the girls?? I know used things aren't really what kids want for Christmas, but I'm going to check it out anyway because like I said, we aren't doing so great for funds right now either. Just a thought anyway. take it or leave it ;)

    I have to come visit those puppies soon. I can't wait to see them!

    Chin up Randa :)

    ReplyDelete