Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What?! Vacation?!...I did take one. It was WONDERFUL! It was so nice to just get away from home, work, and the stress that comes with it. So I went to Texas to visit this wonderful family that I absolutely love and miss. It was so nice going to visit the Leyva's (a family I used to babysit for at Double JJ). My trip was great. I flew from Grand Rapids to Atlanta (and now I officially hate the Atlanta airport), then I flew to Dallas/Fort Worth. I was picked up by Jason and Zach and I was super happy to see them. Zach is 12 now and getting so tall. His voice is getting deeper too and he's already becoming more mature. The Levya's always have a crazy busy schedule, so as soon as I got there we were rushing back to Artisan Center Theatre (which is owned by a very nice Mormon family). Jason & Zach gave me a nice little tour of the Theatre, followed by an hour or so wait for "Oklahoma" to begin...starring Jason as Ali Hakim. When intermission came along, so did Jen and Sadie...Sadie's getting taller and more mature already too...but she's still as cuddly and sweet as before. It was so great meeting up with Jen and getting to talk for a while...I missed that family so, so much. After "Oklahoma", we headed back to the Leyva house, ate dinner, and hung out. We got to bed late, but I wouldn't have traded it for sleeping in my bed. The next day was started bright and early (noon) to eat and then pack up to head for Oklahoma City...

The drive to Oklahoma City was nice...Sadie was snuggled right up to me in the car and Zach was in his own little world...there were these beautiful rock cliffs on each side of the highway, but sadly I can't remember where exactly (somewhere on I-35). We drove past the town where Toby Keith grew up and little places that Jen & Jason had stories for...it was a great 3.5 hour drive. While driving through OKC, we passed where the bombing memorial is, the hospital where Zach was born, and more little places. We finally arrived to our destination with enough time to take a breather, grab a bite to eat, and then head out to see a hometown performance of "Annie". I did enjoy the play...the child performers did great, along with the former Miss Oklahoma (I believe) that played Grace Farrell...Daddy Warbucks on the other hand was not great...he kept calling Annie a he and couldn't sing that great either...but I can't be too harsh seeing as I wouldn't have wanted to be on that stage. After "Annie" we headed back to Jen's Mom's, watched a movie, and talked. It was really nice.

More about my great trip will be coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment